Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Missive #17: A Vacation of the Mind

This is my Mexico. It's a legend of the family myth type. In my version of the story I don't actually get to decamp to the desert southwest surfing coast flutterby land. In the true...accepted? version of the legend, the protagonist and his lovely wife leave the kids with gramma and jet to the mexican riveria for six weeks. Soul searching meaning of life insight seeking experiences follow until the path forward to follow the bliss is revealed.

My mexico is all in my mind. Forty days in the desert, sweet as it sounds, never gonna happen. But bliss searching meaning of life insight seeking might be kind of interesting.

Or I could just go to the beach (check), read a trashy novel (double check) and drink wine (no doubt) until the fog lifts and awareness descends.

No comments:

Post a Comment