Monday, March 16, 2009

Entry #11: Not Really About Anything

I am apparently, according to my daughter, too old to blog. That cracks me up because in my mind I am of course barely formed. But worse, it shows (on her part) a decided lack of appreciation for the contributions Xers like me have made to the (d)evolution of communication in the 21st century.

Seems to me I read or heard somewhere that me fellow Xers (it depends on whose definition you believe, I choose those born between 1961 and 1981 to include Pres. O'Dreamy and exclude my husband just because I find it amusing to call him a boomer); anyway. Seems to me we Xers and our use of new tech / social media / networking were big time helpful in getting him elected. Didn't we create it even if most of the users are our children?

Also seems to me that Xers are big time dominant in the blogosphere.

Those of you skeptics who say it just seems that way to me because I probably know more people my age than any other group may in fact be correct. However I must note that this is the first time in my conscious life that I feel safe in claiming responsibility for anything.

Xers have the misfortune of being stuck between two really big generations - Boomers, responsible for screwing everything up, and Millennials like my kids who are well on their way to doing damage themselves. (Okay so the real intergenerational warfare is going to be between Boomers and Millennials; I know this, we Xers are just a speck on the windshield of god's great machine).

We Xers on the other hand, by virtue of our tiny tiny size have had minimal impact on the world. That is proven by our name (Xers? wtf?) and by our common reputation - as being disengaged, inactive, lazy, blah blah blah. When were were defined by Boomers, that is.

But, now that we have wrested power from those who came before, it's time for things to change.

More on that later. Right now I have to yamtwitinmailonFB.

1 comment:

  1. Huh?

    lol!

    (such foolishness)

    Dont fall for the okie doke!

    Xer? Boomer? Joker!

    I love you!!

    ReplyDelete